Who We Are
Founded in March 1918, St. Michael’s College Student Union (originally named the Student Administrative Council) represents students at the University of St Michael’s College. We are a group of dedicated and passionate students who work hard to put students first and ensure that we advocate on their behalf. We are governed by an a President and Vice-President, and another twenty-four Council members.
What We Do
- We protect the individual rights of the student, regardless of race, colour, age, mental or physical ability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, personal or political beliefs, nationality, geographic or ethnic orientation, citizenship, class ancestry or status, including but not limited to marital, socio-economic, First Nations, Inuit or Metis;
- We foster the intellectual and social growth of our student body in order to benefit them and society at large.
- We provide services and activities which engage our students and help them connect to the University, not only on an academic level but an extra curricular one as well.
- We act as liaisons between students and university administration and to ensure that student concerns are presented to administration and are dealt with accordingly.
- We encourage student participation in our activities in order to build relationships and grow the community
We aim to protect the individual rights of the student and to foster their intellectual and spiritual growth by providing services and activities which build community, with the goal to develop SMC students into exemplary members of society.